Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"New" Furniture

Last week my Mom and Dad bought new furniture at The Old Cannery and asked us if we wanted their old leather furniture in return for some work done on their house. We gladly accepted since we've been wanting leather furniture for a long time.
This is our old couch and love seat in the living room.

These are our two Queen Anne chairs in the playroom.

First thing we had to do was get the old furniture out. Easier said than done! Thankfully our friend Micah was willing to stop by after work and help Michael out. Michael ended up having to take the baby gate off the stairs and remove the front door. They sure don't make houses big enough for big furniture.



It was a tight squeeze getting the old couch out and the new couch in. The old couch is also a hide-a-bed so that added to the weight.


Here's the new furniture! The couch and love seat are both recliners so they were pretty heavy too! I think the color looks really nice with our area rug and they are going to be so easy to clean! YAY!!!



I went downstairs just a minute ago to get a snack and the downstairs smells different now. It smells like leather....I thought that was funny!


Here's the playroom now. The recliners were too big to fit both of them in here. One of the Queen Anne chairs is going in Ella's room and the other is just out in the garage for now. I don't want to get rid of it though. Yesterday Michael got Ella's room partially painted so I'm hoping by this time next week we'll have everything done and in place.

2 comments:

Micah and Kim Storer said...

I can't wait to see it in person. It looks so nice!

pacman said...

Pretty nice post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really liked reading your posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon! Keep up the great work and please stop by my hand made furniture site sometime. Keep it up..