Thursday, December 17, 2009

Coloring AKA Face Painting

Since Daddy's been working (studying upstairs in the office for his agent's license) the last two days I've been trying to have the boys do some sort of craft on their own so I can get somethings done. On Monday they colored at the dining room table with their markers. Well Owen colored Jack still thinks that markers are food.
On Tuesday Owen wanted to play out in the garage and color at their picnic table. This is exactly what I pictured this table being used for. Jack even colored so we're making progress.

Owen loves ovals...he knows most of his shapes, but for some reason he's latched on to the oval. He just started drawing them all on his own a couple weeks ago. He's such a smartie! Mama on the other hand can be a little dense...because after I was on the phone talking with my mom I realized that it had been a little too quiet in the garage....this is what I found!

I guess the paper wasn't a good enough canvas! I was cracking up...in fact I was actually thrilled! This is exactly what kids are supposed to do and they did it together. I'm pretty sure Owen drew on Jack's face, (it's all the same color marker) but Jack let him and I didn't hear screaming while I was on the phone so I take that meant they were enjoying themselves.

It's actually nice to see them finding creative ways to entertain themselves. The boys both think that Daddy is their personal entertainer so when he's around it's always, "Chase me Daddy, Drive cars with me Daddy", so I think it's good that they are using their imagination to get into things. Even if that means extra work for Mama in the form of a bath!


Owen kept hiding behind the shower door so I couldn't take a picture of him. Look at those cute white boys! They definitely got their Mama's skin tone.

One last look at the war paint! I love Crayola Washable Markers!


"Okay Mama....enough of the naked bath pictures already!"

0 comments: