Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Look At Those Pearly Whites!

I just recently opened up new toothbrushes for the boys that I bought a while back. I have been using a little finger brush for Jack, but he really wants to be just like Bubba and have a big boy toothbrush. So Jack now has an Eeyore toothbrush and Owen has a Tow Mater toothbrush. The boys have actually been asking to brush their teeth....a dentist dream right!
Speaking of dentist I haven't taken either of my boys to the dentist yet. First off we didn't have dental coverage until just recently with our state assisted medical and secondly it just seems ridiculous to me to take them in before they are 3 years old. I am planning on making an appointment for them in January though. So...I'm wondering how did your kids first trip to the dentist go? Did they actually clean their teeth or did they just let the kids touch and feel the tools and get used to sitting in the chair and work from there? Do you have any tips for making it a happy adventure?

1 comments:

Melody said...

I took Elliott at 16 months, only because he chipped his tooth. They just took a quick look at it to make sure there wasn't any extensive damage.

My sister in law is a dental assistant. She said they really don't need to go until their 4, and that it's kinda annoying when over zealous parents take their kiddos in at 2. Only because their attention span is so short, that there's really not much they can do.

There is a pediatric dentist just up the road from us. I'm going to make an apt. for Elliott after the 1st of the year. I think someone who specializes in kids will make the experience more pleasant.