Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Am No Poet...

but the other day in the shower I realized how many words rhymed with with Grace so I started coming up with lines in my head and began to type them out. I'm going to print this out and frame it for Ella.


Ella Grace

Oh my sweet, sweet Ella Grace,
I can’t wait to gaze upon your face.
To hold you in my warm embrace,
My sweet, sweet Ella Grace.

Oh my sweet precious Ella Grace,
My lips will trace your sweet soft face,
And I’ll cherish each and every phase,
My sweet precious Ella Grace.

Oh my sweet angel Ella Grace,
I’ll dress you up in things with lace,
And watch you float from place to place,
My sweet angel Ella Grace.

Oh my sweet baby Ella Grace,
These memories cannot be replaced,
The time I carried you in a special place,
My sweet baby Ella Grace.

Oh my sweet daughter Ella Grace,
I’ll cherish each and every phase,
And give God the glory and the praise,
For my sweet daughter Ella Grace

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

WOW, there really are many words that rhyme with Grace!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess,

YOU rhyme with Grace and Beauty And LOVE!! What a wonderful poem. Fun to read same. I'd add to it, but that would be lame.

Change a word, I would NOT, nor a SINGLE THING about my Daught-er. Love, Dad