Friday, February 19, 2010

Funny Stories

A few weeks ago my mom and I took the boys shopping. We pulled into the Target parking lot and started searching for a handicap spot. My mom has had both her knees replaced so she has one of those handicap placards you hang on your rear view mirror. Right when we were going to turn down a row where we saw a free spot a Dodge Caliber pulled down the row first and got the spot. He didn't cut us off or anything so I wasn't mad. My mom can be a little vocal about things like that so she said something like, "Oh you pig!" We got the boys out of the car and went shopping for quite a while. On the way out Mom and I were just chatting away when we were interrupted by Owen saying, "Hi pig!" as we passed the very same Dodge Caliber in the parking lot on the way to the car. Mom and I just busted up laughing because first we couldn't believe that Owen remembered the car and second he didn't say it in a mean way at all...I think he really thought that the name of that car was pig!


A few days ago I visited my friend Jen and I was telling her all about my recent meltdown. Owen was sitting next to me in a chair drinking and I said something like, "Sometimes the boys can drive me so crazy!" That's when Owen looked up at us and said, "I drive Mommy nuts!" It made both of us laugh. Later on that day I told Michael about that story and he said he's going to teach Owen to say, "I can't drive you somewhere you've never left" if he hears me say that again. Thanks hon!!!


We've started disciplining Jack for misbehaving by putting him in time-out. We've been at this for a few weeks and he's doing great. He never gets out of time-out on his own, he waits until his time is up. We follow the rules that Super Nanny uses. Most of the time Jack gets himself put in time-out for either hitting me or Owen. He's still trying to figure out how to express his emotions in the correct way. Anyways...once his time-out is done I talk to him about why he was put there in the first place and then he has to go tell whoever he hit that he's sorry. Almost every time I get to this part Owen comes out of nowhere and says, "Sorry Jack I no hit!" He's so cute wanting to take the fall for his brother. We've tried explaining that he didn't do anything wrong, but I think it's a little confusing for him. Jack does eventually say he's sorry though.


It seemed like we were sick pretty much for the first month and a half of 2010. During that time I was clearing my throat a lot. Owen was wondering what I was doing so I told him I just had a frog in my throat. Now whenever he coughs for clears his throat he looks at me and says, "I just have a frog!"

0 comments: