Saturday, February 13, 2010

Impromptu Road Trip

Today we headed out for a little impromptu road trip to Snoqualmie Falls. The last few days Owen has been asking to see a waterfall since they show one in the movie Cars. We told him we would take him in the summer time, but we have been staying so close to home lately it sounded nice to get out....even if it was raining!
He was so happy when he got his first look at the falls. Michael says we've taken him before, but I don't remember.

This was definitely Jack's first trip though!


They've changed a few things since the last time we were there. There is a lower observation area that I don't remember before. The normal covered one was closed for inspection.



I was worried that we might not be able to see the falls since the weather was pretty yucky. I've stopped before to see it and it's been so misty and foggy I couldn't see anything. It was actually kind of freaky because you can hear and feel the falls and your brain makes you think it's so much closer than it is.


They had these great climbing rocks down by the lower observation area. The boys had fun climbing up on them and jumping off.



Well...Jack did more jumping than Owen. Owen has pretty much been suction cupped to Daddy the last few days.



This is how they spent most of the day! I love that Owen likes to hold Daddy's finger like that. That's the way I used to hold my Daddy's finger when I was a little girl!


After checking out the falls and deciding it might not be a good idea for me to climb down the steep trail to the bottom we had lunch. PB & J sandwiches!
The boys scarfed down their half a sandwich faster than I've ever seen them before. I guess all the excitement worked up a good appetite.


After leaving the falls we headed to the North Bend Outlet Mall to walk around for a while. We let he boys go on almost all the ride on toys there...of course we were the cheap parents that didn't have any change so the kids just got to sit on them. They still had a good time though!


While I was in the bathroom the boys played on this firetruck. Michael said Owen got so excited he actually fell out because he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.

We passed this Elmo car without even noticing it....except Jack started saying "Elmo" over and over again. I finally decided to look around and sure enough there was Elmo.



This Rocket Ship was the favorite, both boys wanted to be in it at the same time. This cute window in the back was fun for them to play peek-a-boo with us.



Jack was not very excited about getting on the horse so Mama decided to get my big pregnant self up into the stirrups and sit with him for a bit.



The whole trip was really great...the boys didn't have any major meltdowns, the car ride was a happy one and we got home right before they were supposed to go down for their nap.

0 comments: