Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Laundry Closet Remodel

I've been wanting to remodel our laundry closet for quite a while now. Michael hasn't really been looking forward to it, but I finally got him to come around and it only took a couple days from start to finish. I didn't think it would be as time consuming as it ended up being!
Here's what my laundry closet looked like before. It was nice it was organized, but I didn't really feel like I was using all the space to it's full potental. I didn't like the cleaners being out where the kids could get to them if they pushed a chair over and climbed up on the washer or dryer. Plus I had to use a chair if I needed to get to the top shelf. This is how it looks now...

My mom and dad have had their front loading washer and dryer stacked for a while now and they love it. I figured that would be a better use of space. Of course I didn't think it would mean that we'd have to get a new longer dryer cord or a new longer lint hose...oops! Also see the nice cabinet on the left. I got that off Craigslist, but originally it was twice that size. I didn't measure the closet space when I bought it so Michael ended up having to literally cut the cabinet in half so we could fit all the other stuff in there...oops!

Here's the nice hanger thing Michael put up so I could hang up all my Swiffers. Our Kirby vacuum is right in front. This was another main reason I wanted to remodel the closet. I didn't like having my vacuum in the entryway closet. What you don't see is the lint hose going into the floor. Michael ended up having to saw into the floor and move the lint hose over about 8 inches so the hose would stretch far enough to reach the dryer....oops!


Here's the inside of the cabinet with all the cleaners, the sewing machine and vacuum attachments. Love it!

0 comments: