Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sleepy Girl!


This cute little princess is such a good sleeper. I'm actually ready for her to get to the phase where she is more awake. I'm not rushing this newborn phase by any means, but I really enjoying seeing her beautiful eyes every once in a while. Plus I can't wait to see what her personality is going to be like.


For the most part she sleeps anywhere from 16 - 20 hours a day. She is now only eating once in the middle of the night. Normally she goes down for bed around 9pm and then she's up to eat around 2:30am and then back to sleep until 7:30am when I end up waking her up. It's the perfect schedule for us too since the boys sleep until 8am. It gives me enough time to feed/burp/change her before the boys are up and at 'em.


Just so you know I don't put her down to sleep on her tummy although I'm not against it. Jack was a tummy sleeper from 3 weeks on because he would not sleep on his back...at all. Ella doesn't mind sleeping all swaddle up on her back, but I was trying to get her to have some awake time so I put her on her belly and that's how I got this picture. Obviously the whole trying to get her to have awake time failing miserably! :)


In regards to Ella's sleeping arrangement...she is now sleeping in her pack and play in the office that's connected to our bedroom. The boys made it 21 days sleeping in our room and Ella made it 23...we have really noisy sleepers and I'm a light sleeper so they have to be in another room. Once she's sleeping through the night around 5 months or so she'll move into her room.

0 comments: