Sunday, March 15, 2009

3 Years Ago...

today I was in the hospital having a surgery due to a really devastating miscarriage. It almost feels like it's been longer than 3 years because it was only 3 short months after that miscarriage that I got pregnant with Owen. That was a terribly painful time in my life. I had finally gotten pregnant after trying...Clomid for months, 4 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of IVF. Our baby was conceived in January, but stopped growing shortly after that in February. I ended up carrying that baby until March 13th since the doctor wanted my body to take care of things naturally. That ended up being a really bad mistake because my body didn't want to take care of things naturally hence the surgery I had to have. I ended up losing 43% of my blood and quite a bit of my faith as well. I was terribly upset with God after that and at my wits end. I ended up having to see a therapist just to talk out my feelings. She suggested that we make a memorial of sorts for the baby since we didn't have anything to bury. The only thing I had bought for the baby was a onesie that we used to tell my parents we were going to have a baby. I asked my mom if I could have it back and I made this memorial for the baby.

I don't know for sure if the baby was in fact a boy...it was way to early to tell that, but when we had our ultrasound that showed the baby and we found out it wasn't growing anymore, in my heart of hearts I felt like we had lost a son. So we named him Brayden Anthony. It was on our list of boy names just like Owen Michael and Jackson Daniel. It was third on the list because it wasn't either of our favorites like Owen and Jack were, but now I must say I absolutely LOVE that name. That's the name of my baby boy that I won't get to meet on this side of heaven, but who I'm absolutely sure without a shadow of a doubt is worship in presence of our Lord right this moment. Oh how I yearn to hold you Brayden Anthony...my boy!!! Mommy misses you!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweet memorial for your little baby. I am not sure I knew about this miscarriage that you had. I am so sorry for your loss. It is indeed a HORRIBLE time and losing a child that you long for is definitely something you don't want anyone to have to endure. After losing our child... I went through some real difficult times and to make it worse - it was the beginning of my journey through INFERTILITY. Now, we are blessed with the love and laughter of our sweet Cameron.

Hugs,
Lisa

Furry Bottoms said...

*warm hugs* to you.

Anonymous said...

OH SWEETIE,
WE GRIEVED FOR YOU AND MICHAEL AT THAT TIME..IT WAS SO DEVASTATING TO WATCH YOU HAVE TO GO THRU IT..THERE WASN'T ANYTHING WE COULD REALLY DO...BUT BRAYDEN IS WAITING FOR US!! AND NOW WE HAVE OWEN & JACK...TRUE MIRACLE BABIES AND HOW WE LOVE THEM AND THEIR MOMMY & DADDY!! LOVE U SO, MOM

Melody said...

I think I've told you this before....

We went through the same thing this exact time 4 years ago. It seems like it was an eternity ago.

I too went to a counselor to talk my feelings through. I think it was such an important part of the healing process for me.

Even four years later, it's still hard for me to talk about it sometimes. I'm so blessed to have Elliott and Norah, but there's a spot in my heart that will always miss my little Andrew.

Thanks for being so open and so real.