Thursday, March 5, 2009

Owen Speak

This is where Owen is when daddy is going to work and coming home. He loves to say, "Daddy home" or "Bye bye home" when Daddy leaves. He's really quite good about Daddy leaving. He never gets too angry about it.


Owen is really starting to put words together to form sentences now. I love it!
I had dat = I have that - This is his new thing to say. He says it whenever he wants something even if it's something that Jack has and he wants it.
Nolk = Milk - Owen says this when he is drink milk and when Jack is drinking mommy's milk.
New = New - He started saying this because he found an old sippy and I told him we needed to get a new one.
Nuff = Enough - I said this yesterday when he was turning the stair light on and off and on and off and I said enough. I'm not sure he knows what it means because today he saw that light switch and called it 'nuff' I think he thinks that's what it's name is now.
Nice = Nice - He started saying this when he was sick because I bought some vapor rub to put on his neck and I asked him if it felt nice. Now when he wants it rubbed on him he asks for the nice stuff.
Owen now knows where is armpits, neck, shoulders, wee wee and wrists are.
He knows the sound a goat makes now and when you ask him what a crocodile does he claps his hands and says chomp chomp.
He can point to the letters 'O', 'A' and 'T'. He can say every letter except 'L' and 'W'.
The English language can be to confusing! Some of the things we say in everyday conversation sound so different to Owen. Here are some examples of things I've said and how Owen interprets them.
One morning I told Owen he was so good at sleeping in and then I said, "Well Jack is early to rise". Owen looked at me with bright eyes and said, "Rice, Rice". Owen LOVES to eat rice!
When I put my nice new boots on for Jack's Baby Dedication I looked at Michael and said, "Man my feet are gonna be sore from wearing these puppies all day long"! Owen started ruffing because I said puppy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's great but when is he going to learn to say, "Scott is awesome."