Friday, January 7, 2011

Arts & Crafts!

The boys got tons of arts & craft supplies for Christmas and they love being creative...especially Owen.

We've been trying to make sure they get some crafty time everyday. Whether it be coloring, painting or playing with Play-Doh. On this day they painted with their new Paint Pens and colored with their new Slick Stix Crayons. We love Crayola! They also used their tape to hang their pictures on the sliding glass door.


Daddy also had some fun with the boys. I want to try doing more actual crafts with the boys where we make certain projects. I just recently found
this website and she has great ideas and I'm looking forward to using a few.

I was at The Dollar Store the other day and I notice there are a ton of cool crafty stuff. I'm probably going to go pick up some things later this week so we can start having fun. Here's my dilemma...I don't like messes! So how do you do arts and crafts with your kids without it getting out of control. We have aprons for the boys and we do all our crafts at the dining room table so things can just be wiped up. I've never really let the boys use Elmers glue, but I've read somewhere that it's easier to put some on a paper plate and let your kids use Q-Tips to dip in the glue instead of letting them squirt it out themselves. Any tips you have on crafting, keeping it clean or on what products are better than others would be greatly appreciated!

0 comments: