Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trike Ride & Play Time

Last Monday we decided to get out and enjoy the sun breaks we were having.

We took the kids and their trikes down to the walking trail by the Green River in Kent.

The river is really high right now!
I had completely forgotten that they put these sandbag walls up last year in preparation for flooding. It made the trail half the size it normally is. Thankfully we didn't run into too many people and zero cyclists so it wasn't really an issue.


It was right after lunch and Ella wasn't sleepy so I decided to put her in the stroller. She likes to be worn by me IF she's sleepy, but I knew she would like to look around more. I don't have any gloves for her so we used socks.

We went a little ways down the trail and then came back to this little gravel ramp so the boys could throw rocks. There little legs were so tired of peddling...well Owen's were, Jack gets pushed still!


I went to chat with Ella for a bit and she kept catching her own reflection in my sunglasses.


She kept trying to reach out and touch herself. She's such an angel!


Love of my life and my best friend!


Back at the car Jack just had to give Sissy some love! She's even beautiful when she makes goofy faces!


Our next stop was a park that was right up the hill. This time Daddy got to hold that sweet Ella girl!


See that smudge on Owen's pants? Yeah while he was throwing rocks he said something about poop...turns out he picked up a piece of dog poop and it got on his gloves and pants. Disgusting!



In the words of Jackson...."There's me!"



Trying to climb up, but it was a little too scary!


One more slide before we go!


I love how Owen looks so happy and...


Jack looks freaked out!
After this we headed to the car and Owen had a complete meltdown...he didn't eat a good lunch so that was the main problem. He was also tired so that exasperated things as well. Once we got home he eat a whole PB & J (we had offered it before we left, but he only took 3 bites) and he was like a different child and then he took a great nap. I love it when he eats and sleeps!

0 comments: