Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dippin' Dots!

Last week we got robbed when it came to snow. Most of the cities around us got at least 2 inches, but we got nada! The boys have been begging to play with snow in the sink ever since it snow in November. Thankfully around bedtime that night we did get hail and LOTS of it. It seriously looked like a MCD's truck full of Dippin' Dots exploded. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to start raining or not so I ran outside with two bowls and filled them up and put them in the freezer so the boys could play with it in the sink the next day.

In the morning the hail was still around so I went out and got a few more bowlfuls for the boys.

They had a blast scooping with wooden spoons and burying their cars with ice.


The ice is still around in places since the temperature hasn't gotten much above freezing in a few days. In fact later this same day I ended up slipping in the parking lot of a furniture store (while holding Ella...she didn't get hurt at all!) and falling on my bum and hitting my right elbow really hard.

After a trip to Urgent Care and 4 X-rays later I found out my elbow wasn't broken or chipped or fractured. Thank goodness! So ice is fun to play with in the sink, but not good to slip and land on your elbow....who knew!

0 comments: