Saturday, January 15, 2011

Owen's Birthday!

For Owen's Birthday I made French Toast for breakfast and we went for a walk around the neighborhood per his request after lunch. Then after nap time (We had to actually wake up both the boys...I'm thinking a walk around the neighborhood might be something that we do everyday) we went out for dinner at Red Robin to celebrate.

For some reason the boys thought it would be way more fun to draw on their faces than on the paper. Silly boys!

Ella thought that eating the coasters would be a good idea....silly girl!

Michael and I actually sat next to each other instead of across from each other. Michael heard recently that couples normally sit next to each other while dating and then once they get married they sit across from each other. But by the end of dinner Michael was sitting across from me because Jack wanted to snuggle with me and Owen wanted to snuggle with him so he ended up moving so there wouldn't be 4 people on one side of a booth!


We told our waiter Josh that it was Owen's 4th birthday and the servers came over and sang to him and he got an ice cream sundae. He wasn't too sure about the maraschino cherry or the singing!


I gave Ella a few bites of ice cream. After I took this picture she literally took that entire bite in her mouth at once. That girl knows how to eat her ice cream!

When our server came back with the check we asked him if the boys could have balloons and we were lucky because their helium tank was empty and they only had two balloons left!


Happy Birthday Owen!!!


When we got home we decided to let Owen open our gift to him. He was so excited when he took it out of the bag. He yelled, "My backpack!" He's so cute that he was excited about a backpack!


" What's IN the backpack buddy?"


"My game!!!"

I was having the hardest time figuring out what to get Owen. That's the downfall of having a birthday so close to Christmas. He already has so much stuff. I got to thinking that he might like a game system. I researched and asked around and I ended up buying a nice used Leapster L-Max on Craigslist for only $35! I also bought 5 games from the same seller.

We only gave two of the games to Owen tonight though...Cars & I Spy. We didn't want to overdo it and I want to be able to pull out a new when he gets bored with the other ones.


Owen ended up playing with it the rest of the night. He's still trying to figure out what to do and how to work it. He has a hard time listening when you want to teach him how to do it. We mostly just let him play with it by himself...he kept getting to a certain part in the Cars game and then he would turn it off and start over. I'm sure before too long he'll have it down pat!

0 comments: