Thursday, May 26, 2011

FlyLady - Day 1

About 2 months ago a friend of mine introduced me to FlyLady. She told me how it worked for her family and showed me the basics of it. I went home that night and checked out the website, got totally overwhelmed and shut my computer. Fast Forward 2 months and I've now volunteered to present this whole concept to my MOPS group next winter. So I figured I'd better started using it and to keep myself in check and on track I'm going to document my process here. Who knows maybe some of you will become FlyBabies (nickname for all the FlyLady followers) too!




Part of the reason I got overwhelmed in the first place was the website is a bit busy. When I did decided to really take a look at it I just followed the Getting Started Instructions. That really helped me not stress out. So onto Day 1 - Shine Your Sink!!!




Why shine your sink...we'll it's pretty much the first thing you see in the morning when you are busying getting breakfast for the kids and trying to get all the dishes in the dishwasher or you're doing them in the sink. Let's face it...our sink can get pretty nasty! So FlyLady has detailed instructions on how to make your sink shine. Seriously? I honestly kind of rolled my eyes in bed thinking about this, but I gave it a go! Yesterday morning I got the kids all ready, put the dishes in the dishwasher and set out to have the shiniest sink on the block. I encountered an obstacle right way when I realized that I didn't have enough bleach. Instead of putting this off and starting when I get around to buying bleach I decided to just go with it and only use bleach on one side of my sink...seriously how big of a difference is bleach going to make.




A BIG difference!!!








Check out how shiny the sink on the left is compared to the one on the right. It sure does look nice overall, but man do I love that shine!




I'm going to pick up some more bleach this week so I'll do the other side when I get that, but in the meantime I'm keeping my sink shiny by wiping it out with a towel after each time I use it so there are no water spots and at night you can give it a quick shine boost by cleaning it out with glass cleaner.




There's Day 1!

0 comments: