Sunday, May 1, 2011

Words!

Over the last two days I have received SO many words from my family and friends! Words of peace, words of encouragement, words to lift me up and strengthen me, words to confirm that even in the midst of this horrible experience God is using ME...little ol' me and my testimony to touch lives. I'm in awe of Him!


Yesterday was a good day. I kept busy like I said I would. First it was off to my MOPS Rummage Sale. I worked there helping organize merchandise from 9 - 12:10. I was welcomed with hugs from my friends. It was nice, but I quickly changed the subject...I just wanted to be busy. Just keep my mind off of it for today please. After that I met Michael and the kids at our church for a volunteers luncheon. This I knew would be hard. When I gave our testimony a few weeks back I announced from the pulpit that we were pregnant. I knew that not everyone there would have read my blog or was even on FB so I knew there was bound to be awkward situations arises. They did and...I survived!


Michael stuck around to help clean up after the volunteer luncheon and after that he was heading out to a poker party. I didn't want him changes his plans either. Let's just get back to life. So the kids and I went down to my parents. I really didn't want to be alone...alone means my brain starts wandering and I just can't deal with that right now. Had a wonderful time down in Orting. Jack and Ella napped...a little. Owen got to watch a movie, play with Pa's remote control car and him and Jack played outside too. After dinner it was bath time and one episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and then we were on our way.


When Michael got home we had a good talk. He had a good talk with the kids that morning when I was gone. The boys are very concerned and even worried about the baby dying. They are trying so hard to understand it on their level. Michael thinks they are worried that WE might die. At the luncheon Jack said he didn't want the baby to die....me neither buddy!


My surgery is scheduled for Monday at 7:30am. That means we have to check in at 5:30am. I'll be happy to have it over with. If everything goes well I should be home before noon. Ga-Ga is going to watch the kids for us and stay the whole day since Michael has to go back to work right afterwards. I'm not really nervous...just ready and at peace to move on. God's will for my life is all I have ever wanted. His ways are SO much better than mine. I know that He has a reason for this and in time we'll know and it will make sense, but for know I trust Him fully knowing that He has good intentions for me and my family.

0 comments: