Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Sign...Literally!

Last Friday I had a 'ME' day...if you're on FB you know I was pretty excited about it. My SIL Michelle had wanted to bless me with a day to myself for awhile now and I took her up on the offer. I had the whole day planned out...first was getting my haircut, then I went to Southcenter and stopped at The Dollar Tree, Old Navy, Starbucks and Lifeway Christian Stores. Then I went through the drive-thru at Wendy's for lunch and was off to browse the racks at Value Village. It was heaven! I got to take my time and look at practically everything without being rushed! When I was looking at the household items I ran across this...




At first I caught it glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye and then I leaned over and my mouth dropped to the floor. Out of all the names that would be on a sign at Value Village it just happened to be the name I had chosen for our baby if it was a girl! I think I've only told one person that that was the name I picked...okay two...Michael knew! To be honest I'm not really sure what I feel about seeing this and whether or not it is or has anything to do with God giving me a sign or not. I do feel like it was interesting since Addison isn't a very common name.




We are still awaiting the results of the lab work from my D & C to find out if there were any abnormalities with the baby and whether or not it was a boy or a girl. I will be happy to know. I want to name this baby, however, I will not name the baby Addison if it was a girl. When we miscarried Brayden, Owen was the first name on our list, but I just couldn't name that baby Owen...in my heart I knew that Owen Michael would be here with me on Earth so we chose the third boy name on our list instead. I feel the same way about the name Addison Jane...I feel like one day Addy Jane will be here with me!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing.

Christina said...

whoa!