Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Outdoor Living!

This is what the backyard play area looks like right now. You might remember it looked like this last summer. I eventually want to get an actual swingset to go here, but we just don't have that kind of money right now. I did check CL's and found a really nice Rainbow set for $600 (that's a steal), but maybe next year!






Why the change? Well the boys really like playing in the sandbox so last fall I had Michael bring it up and put it on the deck where it was covered from the elements. They have enjoyed playing in it all winter long.







Then last week I realized that Ella is almost 18 months old and hasn't even been in the playhouse yet. Since it's in the backyard down 17 stairs she can't get to it whenever she wants. So I asked Michael to move it up to the deck. It's amazing how a change of location can revive an old toy. We also moved the slide back out to the front yard in preparation for the pool to hopefully come out in a month or so. I'm in the process of teaching Ella how to climb up the ladder on her own and I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable about letting her do it on her own...she is so not aware of where her body is in relation to scary high thing she can fall off of!

We decided to finish sprucing up the deck by taking a couple old chairs down and just getting everything organized.



I love how the trucks have their own parking spot! Like my new "shoe rack"? I got that VHS shelf for .75 at the Mill Creek garage sales. I kept seeing people selling shoes on shoe racks, but they weren't actually selling the rack. Then Kim noticed that shelf and thought why not use that as a shoe rack. It works!




The following morning after organizing the deck the boys asked me to take the picnic table out there too. That day we had lunch out on the deck.





Ella has really been enjoying the playhouse!




And so have the boys! Now if the temps would just reach the mid 70's so I can get them to go outside in short sleeve shirts!

0 comments: