Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fiery Fall Colors

This is a tree in the parking lot of a Jehovah Witness Church that's just down the street from us. Every year it turns this most awesome fiery reddish/orange. I've always meant to take a picture of it, but by the time I remember it the leaves have all fallen off. Thankfully even with my pregnant brain I remembered to stop the other day and snap a shot. Of course the picture doesn't do it justice...in person it's SO much better! I love fall...I love the crisp air...I love drinking hot cocoa or tea...I love wearing my robe and slippers...I love wearing gloves when I go out and I love that the sun doesn't rise so early anymore. I don't like that it sets so early, but oh well!
So what do you love about fall???
Any favorite fall traditions???

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

For some reason, the trees are showing this fierce, fierce orange colors. I never noticed how orange it could get before. I know of red and yellows and SOME oranges, but the trees that line the road where I work are just O.R.A.N.G.E. its beautiful. I oughta try to remember to take pictures... hmn

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,

I too like fall, a trip to Leavenworth, a crisp new apple, the smell of hot tea up to Your Sweet Mom's lips, and another expansion of my Beautiful Daughter's belly with the promise of NEW LIFE coming early in the spring.

WOW, what's not to like?? Love, Dad

Unknown said...

That reminds me, when I worked in Redmond, every fall I would drive home down one particular street and the sun would be setting right behind all of the trees with their leaves changing colors and they would have a golden glow. When they started falling to the ground, the whole street would look golden. I'm going to have to try to get over there and take a picture this weekend. Don't let me forget.