Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting Messy!

This year I have been so excited to carve pumpkins. I was really happy we got the little pumpkins for the boys too so they could paint them. I know you're probably all going to think I'm weird, but I've never let my kids play with paint yet so this was the first time...ever. I'm a freak when it comes to getting messy so it helped that Michael was home and he was there to clean up most of the mess and give the boys a bath afterwards. I must say...it was totally worth it (coming from the parent that didn't clean up very much) to see the look on their little faces.


Look at that cute pumpkin and the gourd is pretty cute too! ;)


Do you expect me to eat...this?


Ohhh...pretty colors!




Getting creative!

No Jack...the paint doesn't taste good.



For some reason painting pumpkins brings out my inner aviator!


Okay, okay...Daddy painted my pumpkin...whatever!


I don't believe you guys...I think it's soap...not paint!



See it's soap!


Carving time...I forgot that my stomach is sticking out quite a bit now so my shirt got a bunch of orange gunk on it....oops!



The results! Right before we lit the pumpkins Owen asked for them to be turned on. He hasn't seen a pumpkin lit nor have we talked about lighting the pumpkins at all this year. He is so smart to remember this from last year! He shocks me everyday with his memory.

0 comments: