Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Girl Clothes

Now that we know we are having a girl it's a little overwhelming having to think about getting a bunch of girl clothes. When we found out Jack was a boy it took a little bit of the stress off knowing we already had everything we really needed. This time around we do have a lot of the typical baby stuff, but at the same time there are certain things that we do need and certain things that I want to have in pink!
Last week at MOPS we had our first Care & Share of the year. Care and Share is where you bring in anything that you would normally take to the thrift store to donate. All the other moms do the same thing and at the end of MOPS you all get to go through the donated stuff and take what you need. No money gets exchanged at all...it's just a bunch of moms helping each other out! I love it!
Here are the first 3 outfits I got for Ella at Care & Share. I had them sitting out on the dining room table and when Michael came home he just looked at them and said, "That's so weird!" We aren't really used to seeing pink in our house yet. Since getting these outfits I've gone to Old Navy and bought Ella a really cute pink striped outfit. I always buy each of my kids one special outfit from mommy that is 0 - 3 months in size. Last Saturday I also went to the Mill Creek Garage Sales and picked up some girl clothes and my friend Erin gave me some of her daughters clothes. I love hand-me-downs!
Today I just bought a bedding set for Ella's room on Craigslist. I can't wait to get the spare room converted into her nursery now. We have a few things to do first though....like getting Owen a twin bed and getting Jack to sleep in the toddler bed so the crib can be moved. Oh and then there is painting that will need to do be done and I want the garage to be organized so all the stuff that I'm storing in the spare bedroom has a place to go. I think I'm definitely in the thick of my nesting phase!

1 comments:

Melody said...

Sounds like you've got a good start. Even though it's a bit overwhelming, getting to buy girly stuff is oh so much fun!