Saturday, October 17, 2009

What's For Dinner & Dessert!

I have recently discovered that cooking relaxes me and since I've been super moody with this pregnancy I can use all the relaxation time I can get. So the other day after I had spent while with the boys and could feel myself getting to the boiling point I decided to pop in a movie for them (Cars...did you really have to ask?) so I could go relax in the kitchen and cook. I first decided on what to make for dessert and then dinner came later, but since you usually eat dinner first lets talk about that one.
I love Allrecipes.com and I found this yummy recipe for Cheeseburger Meatloaf. I'm not really a meatloaf fan, but I was watching the Food Network the other day and the lady from Semi-Homemade made a meatloaf so it sounded good. This recipe was super easy and I had almost everything on hand. I thought we didn't have minced onions so I just used a regular onion and chopped it up really small. The thing I love about Allrecipes is you can read the reviews and see what other people thought of the recipe and adjust yours accordingly. It seemed like everyone had trouble when rolling the cheese into the meatloaf. As you can see I didn't quite get the cheese sealed in either that's why it bubbled out the top. It did taste just like a cheeseburger though and was super yummy. A definite do over!
Okay now onto dessert...I made my first pie! Yeah...yeah I'm 29 and I've never made a pie before. I had a bunch of granny smith apples on hand and wanted to use them up so I gave it a whirl. It's actually called Apple Crunch Pie because it doesn't have a normal pie crust top and I got this recipe off Allrecipes too. It turned out great, was easy and was perfect served with Buttered Pecan Ice Cream.