Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Last year I roasted pumpkin seeds for the first time and I love them. This year I have been SO looking forward to this part of the pumpkin carving process. While I was gutting the pumpkins I was trying to save as many seeds as I could. They are so yummy...I can't believe I ever threw them away! I ended up having 4 cups of seeds from 2 pumpkins.
I first checked online, but then I just compiled info from a bunch of sites and then did my own thing. I rinsed the seeds to get all the gunk off them - dried them off with a paper towel - laid them out on a cookie sheet to dry overnight - boiled them with 1 tbsp of salt for 20 minutes - coat with a little bit of melted butter and 1 tsp of cayenne pepper - spread them out evenly on a cookie sheet and baked at 300 for 50 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes and checking for crispness.

All done and so yummy! I do wish I had added a little bit more cayenne pepper, but I didn't want to overdue it and end up not being able to enjoy them.

0 comments: