Monday, May 4, 2009

Mill Creek Garage Sales

This last Saturday I went to the Mill Creek Garage Sales with my Mom, my SIL Becky and my friend Kim. The weather wasn't that great, but we still ended up having a great time and coming home with some good finds. I got some clothes for the boys and a pair of shoes for Owen, kids books, a crayon maker, an Elmo bubble machine, 2 Stampin' Up Stamp sets and paper, an Elmo DVD and a Veggie Tales VHS, Kate Spade purse and I found a nice bouncy seat for my friend Stephanie who is expecting.
With all that said my Mom was the one that found the best item of the day...
A playhouse for the boys!!!
I was positive it would fit in the back of my van, but once we carried it over there I wasn't so sure. If the middle bench seat hadn't moved forward we would have had to bungee cord the back to keep it shut. Thankfully we were able to wedge it in and all the other stuff we found.
Thankfully the sun came out for a few minutes so the boys could play with it. Just a little while after we went inside it was a complete downpour.

The house is so cute! It has a table and two chairs for the boys to sit on. On the back of the table is a faucet and a burner so they can pretend. Owen has already pretended to wash his hands a few times. That's my potty trained boy!


You might notice that there is a doorbell and a mailbox to the left of the door. I didn't notice that it had a doorbell until after we got it in the car. I knew at that moment the even if Owen didn't care for the rest of it he would LOVE the doorbell. Of course he loves the whole thing though. He keeps asking if he can, "play house".


Jack really likes standing up and playing in it too, but once he saw his Ga-Ga he was more interested in her.



See what did I say...he's in love!




There are two windows on the side that have shudders that open and close. There is also a holder for a play phone on the back side of the house. They didn't have the phone that went with it, but Owen's Elmo phone fits in the holder.



Do you think he's excited?


We decided to move the house up onto the porch so it will be semi protected from the elements. Owen was just exploring all the features of the house while I took these pictures. He's already on the phone inviting his friends over for a party!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

OMGosh, I have been searching high and how for one of those playhouses. Cameron loves them and I hate to pay full price (ya know)? Well, I hope the boys enjoy it!!

Unknown said...

Do you ever put any mail in the mailbox for the boys to find? Maybe an old catalog with lots of pictures for them to play with? Do they still print catalogs?

The Ames Family said...

I LOVE Owen's shirt. GO COUGS!!!!!