Monday, May 18, 2009

Planting My Garden

Our property shares an easement with our neighbors and this raised garden space was there when we bought the house. I had never planted anything there because I'm not particularly good at keeping things alive. My friend Steph offered to help me out so I took her up on it and she came over last Tuesday to help me plant.
I had most of the garden space weeded by the time Steph got there and if you know me you know I hate to weed. I'm just lazy when it comes to doing that stuff, but it is my garden so I didn't think that Steph should do everything.
Here's the planted garden. Steph made these little mounds and we planted the seeds right on top. Going left to right here is what we planted...Carrots, Strawberries, Romaine Lettuce, Walla Walla Sweet Onions, Leaf Lettuce, Sugar Snap Peas, Zucchini and there is Corn running along the back of 3 of the planters. Steph and I were actually really surprised by how much garden space I actually had.
Here are my two tomatoes plants. This year I bought the trellis so they would have more support then stakes.

Here we are after getting drenched by the rain. It was actually really nice getting our hands dirty and working with the earth. I've also been faithful at watering my garden which is another thing I'm lazy about, but I don't want to see our hard work be for nothing. Last night when I went out there both lettuces were already sprouting up. So exciting!

0 comments: