Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

This weeks challenge from Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is to show everyone our living rooms. Enjoy the tour...
This is our entryway that leads into our living room. The black cabinet is where we keep all our DVD's. I got it at Target for $50. I liked it because the handles can be held shut with a rubberband to keep little hands out.

These are my Gerber Baby Food pictures frames that are on top of the black cabinet. I ordered them online...they only cost $4.95 and they engrave your childs name and birthdate on them.


Here is the view of our living room from the entryway. My husband is a painter so he faux finshed the far wall. I love it!


These are all the boys shoes that are on a bench on the far end of the living room. It provides hours of entertainment for Jack because he loves to take them all down. I decided to put the boys shoes like this because I got tired of forgetting them upstairs and having to run back up and get them. This way we just grab them when we are on the way out the door. Plus they are just cute lined up!



Here is the view from the side where the bench is. Yes, Owen is laying on the couch in his Elmo undies, with Elmo, watching an Elmo DVD. It's an obsession! I like our furniture, but I would like to get leather one day.



This is the picture wall behind our love seat. These were pictures taken back in April 2008 by our friend
Corbin. If you live in the Seattle area and need a great photographer he's your man. I love to have belly pictures taken when I'm pregnant. Corbin did them for us when we were pregnant with Owen (those are up in our bedroom) and these pictures were taken when I was pregnant with Jack. I love pictures!
Our house is a little funny the way we have set it up. It definitely meets our needs, but it might not work for everyone. We used to have a living room and a family room, but last year we moved the dining room to the family room so we could have a bigger dining room and now the old dining room is an extention of our living room. It's what we consider the playroom.



Here's the view of the old dining room now a play room.



Here is the wall of built in that is supposed to be used for all my china. I use the bottom cupboards to store all the boys toys. It's wonderful to have a place to put all that stuff away. Of course not all the toys fit, but most of them can be put away at the end of the day and I like that!


The top of the cupboards I use for my pretties. I'm not one of those moms that likes to say, "no" every time I turn around. I'd rather put my pretties up out of reach and let my kids be kids. I love sunflowers and american stuff.



There are at least 10 pieces of ceramics in this cabinet that I painted. My friends Christa and Nicole and I used go to this ceramics shop up in Lynnwood (It's since closed) and paint. I loved being creative and it's nice that they are actually pieces I use.



This is the other side of the playroom that leads into our kitchen. There is a bin that I have a lot of the loose smaller toys stored in. You can't see it when you're in the living room because it's hidden behind the wall so it doesn't bother me that the toys are out. The cabinet on the left was painted by my MIL and it stores my scrapbooks, puzzles and games.
Thanks for visiting!

0 comments: