Saturday, May 30, 2009

They're Growing Like Weeds...Except There Veggies!

On Tuesday I went out to my garden and there was a strawberry ready to be picked. Later that night I was out watering and Owen saw another one that was barely red and picked it and ate it. I have a feeling this gardening thing is going to be great at getting him to eat new things.
My Strawberry plants and Corn in the back up against the concrete.

This is my Romaine Lettuce.


The tall stalks in the back are my Walla Walla Onions. The row in the back next to the house is more Corn and the three rows in front are my Leaf Lettuce.

More Corn (I have 46 stalks in all) in the back with rows of Sugar Snap Peas.


One of my three mounds of Zucchini.



I wasn't sure how I was going to like gardening. I've mentioned I'm lazy when it comes to watering, but I'm really enjoying it. I've made it a routine to go out and water either right before or right after the boys go to bed that way I don't get comfy in bed first. I love going out there and seeing how much they have grown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shveetie,

There are 3 ways to say the word, "There". They're, Their, and There. The first one is appropriate for statements like "They're growing like weeds" because a person is actually saying "They ARE growing like weeds...Except They ARE Veggies". Take notes There WILL be a quiz later and most people want their "THEY'RE to be correctly spelt. THERE You GO!! You're Welcome!!! Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

IGNORE YOUR DAD AS HE DIDN'T KNOW THAT STUFF UNTIL I TAUGHT HIM!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO EAT ALL YOUR GOODIES THAT YOU PLANTED!!
THANKS FOR DOING ALL THE WORK..
LOVE U
MOM

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I am so happy that it is turning out nice! That strawberry was BIG!! :0)