Wednesday, February 15, 2012

5 & 2 Year Check Ups!

I love the fact that our 4 children are kind of split into 2 sets of 2 in regards to their birthdays. Owen and Ella's birthdays are so close I can schedule their check ups at the same time and I'll be able to do the same thing with Jack and Baby Z. I don't know about you, but if I can spend less time at the pediatrician I'm a happy gal!

 

These cuties are so doing great!

Owen is now 35.5 lbs! That's SO good for him. He's in the 12% now and I'm pretty sure he's never been in double digits for his weight percentage before. He's in the 50% for his height and according to their chart if he continues growing at this rate he'll be around 5ft 10 inches tall. Not bad! Owen also had his hearing and his eyes checked and they are just fine. One of the fun things was he got to show off his skills like writing his name for the doctor.


Ella weighs 27 lbs and is in the 50% for both her height and weight. The doctor is a little concerned about her vocabulary...with her Hydrocephalus the communication part of her brain was impacted so she's trying to catch up now. He gave me the number to Birth - 3 so I'm going to call and see if I can get Ella in to have an assessment. Another thing we need to keep an eye on is her legs and feet. Her right leg especially turns inward and so does her foot. It's been tripping her up a lot lately. The doctor said that it should correct itself naturally by the time she's 3, but if it doesn't we'll look into some options to correct it. Ella had to have one shot, but she did great. Of course she cried, but just for a bit and then it was over.

One thing that was nice about the whole trip to the pediatrician was to just get to spend time with just Owen and Ella. Miss Kim was watching Jack and Logan for me and it was fun to get to focus on just the two of them.

1 comments:

Momof2 said...

So glad it went well!