Saturday, February 18, 2012

Postponed Valentine's Dinner!

On Valentine's Day we were all still down for the count with the flu so there was no special dinner that night. Let me tell you this stomach flu was brutal! I'm not sure if it's worse to be the one to get sick first or to be the one to watch and care for everyone else getting sick and then knowing you are screwed! Either way stinks I guess!

Anyways...by the 16th we were all feeling up to eating food with flavor so I decided to decorate the table and make it special.


I put grape juice in a nice glass carafe that I have so the kids felt like they got a special drink just like Michael and I did with our wine. Oh yes I'm one of those moms that feels it's fine to drink a glass of wine every now and then while I'm pregnant. Unfortunately both Michael and I took one drink and our still sensitve stomaches let us know that wasn't such a good idea.


The centerpiece was made of up 3 stamped candles that we just did for the MOPS craft.




Even though I decorated the table all nice the only plates I had that matched the placemats were my Americana plastic plates. It was a blending of styles!


Cheers!


Mmmmm!!


For dinner we had steak seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, roasted asparagus and loaded baked potatoes. We also had Holendaise sauce for dipping. Yummy! Of course the kids barely ate any of it. It's maddening I swear! The funny thing is I didn't take a picture of Michael and I together. Valentine's Day with kids is just a bit different. We were all a little on edge due to the flu and being confined to the house. Cabin fever was definitely settling in!

0 comments: