Thursday, February 9, 2012

Additions To Ella's Apron!

After finishing Ella's apron I started thinking about what I could do to make it even more cool. Since I cut the dish towel in half for Ella's apron I had a whole other half to work with. So I decided to attach a pocket to her apron and make a pot holder.


First off I cut out the two piece of fabric I would need.


Then I folded over the edges of the pocket and sewed them up.


Then I attached the pocket to the apron. I decided to only make one pocket because I didn't want to cover up the cute chick on the other side.


I used the second piece of fabric to sew a pot holder for her. The top actually opens so she can put her hand in the pot holder. Although....Jack couldn't fit his hand in it so I might have sewed it too small. Oh well...she can just use it like a normal pot holder.

0 comments: