Friday, February 24, 2012

Toilet Paper Wall Art!

I am in love with Pinterest!!! Seriously I feel like my crafting has exploded since getting on the bandwagon.

This year I really wanted one of the crafts at MOPS to be this toilet paper wall art I had found online, but it was quite involved. It would have required a TON of prep work on my part and the balsa wood that was needed for the framework is actually quite expensive. So that craft idea got nixed...or so I thought. Enter Pinterest...


While browsing around I found this idea and it's SUPER easy. First you just smash the the toilet paper roll, cut it into roughly half inch sections and then start hot gluing them into place. You can design them however you want. I've seen some that look like a cross or a leaf pattern. This one above took me all of 10 minutes to create and then Michael spray painted it black. I think it turned out really cute...in fact I'm planning on make two others of similar sizes so there will be a grouping of them. I love finding uses for things that would normally get thrown away!

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I've seen that on pinterest too. That is curious... now that I've seen yours I'm more tempted to try one. We are in sore need of wall decoration in the living room since we got the big TV and we don't want just another giant rectangular poster. We wanted something shapey. This may be a good idea.

Furry Bottoms said...

How many rolls of toilet paper did it take to get all that you needed?

Momof2 said...

oh I love it! great job!