Monday, February 6, 2012

Ella's Apron!

A few weeks ago I found this tutorial on Pinterest for a kids apron and I knew I wanted to try and make one for Ella for her birthday. First thing was finding the supplies....dish towel and a pot holder.


I was wanting to find a Valentine's pattern, but by the time I got to the store it was slim pickings in the Valentine's section. So she's gonna get a cute bunny apron instead.


First thing I did was cut the dish towel in half.


Then I folded the cut seam over, pinned it and then pinned in three pleats. Seriously I AM NOT a seamstress so I have no idea if I actually did the pleats correctly or not, but it worked for me.


Then I added the ribbon for the belt and then the pot holder for the chest portion of the apron.


Last was the ribbon around the neck and there it is. It turned out super cute and I'm really happy...don't look to close to the stitches though they are hideous. Thankfully 2 year olds aren't too picky!

1 comments:

Momof2 said...

oh that is SO cute! I may have to make one for Haley!