Thursday, June 11, 2009

Picnic & Playtime


Yesterday we decided to head out to Des Moines Beach Park to hang out with some other moms from my MOPS group. It's a nice place to have a picnic, but there isn't any play equipment so the kids just ran around.



Jack refuses to wear the new orange sunhat I got him. It doesn't have a strap on it like his blue one so he can easily take it off. Don't worry I squirted a bunch of sunscreen on that cute white head.


Here's my awesomely hilarious pal Lori.


This is my friend Carmen....she doesn't go to MOPS yet, but I think she's going to come when we start back up in September.


This is one of my other MOPS friends...Ruth and her youngest daughter Leah.


There was a little stream outlet near the picnic area so the kids had fun climbing on the rocks and looking at...



baby duckies! So cute!




Izze and Owen...future mates...at least Lori and I hope so. They would make the cutest kids EVER. Lori and I both agree that Izze would be the dominate one in the relationship. She literally pulled Owen over so I could take this picture.



Ruth needed to go to a funeral so after lunch we ended up coming back to her house and watching her kids and letting our kids play with all her kids toys. My oh my there were a lot of them. She could seriously have a daycare. It was a kids paradise!



Whoever thought of putting that tall handle on the back of these was a genius. It was so nice to not have to kill by back pushing Jack around.



Owen going up to the clubhouse using the more challenging ladder.


This slide was awesome...it wasn't steep, but it was longer than most slides.



Carmen catching Jack.


Move over Captain Jack Sparrow...it's time for Captain Jack Martin to take the helm.



Alysha is joining in on the fun.



Owen is still really timid when it comes to swinging. He likes to sit on the big kids swings, but he doesn't like it when it tickles his tummy so I just push him gently.



Jack on the other hand likes to go high!


It was so much fun hanging out with the girls and all the kids. Can't wait for our next MOPS outing.

0 comments: