Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resurrection Sunday!

On Resurrection Sunday we got up and went to the early service at church. Yes....we got 3 kids to church at 8am!!! They had Pop Tarts for breakfast so it wasn't really that hard! :)



Ga-Ga & Pa joined us at church. After the first service our church has breakfast together. This year they changed things up a bit and instead of having all of us stand in line they served us and it was SO great. There was practically no waiting for your food and everything was just great! After church we headed down to Ga-Ga & Pa's house.


The kids got their Easter baskets/buckets. They were PACKED!!!


These kids were spoiled rotten!


Ella loved her bunny and her baby doll that giggles.




After a while the rain clouds passed by and the boys asked Pa to go outside and play with them. They love to get out in the backyard whenever they can. Unfortunately Ga-Ga & Pa's backyard is so marshy they can't play out there much during the winter months. It's nice that the weather is getting better because they love it.


I love the boys colorful outfits that I dressed them in. I literally didn't even pick them out until Friday morning. I had no idea if I even had any spring like outfits for them, but then when I loved I found these two sweater vests. My friend Kim let me borrow the long white sleeve shirt Jack is wearing since I didn't have another one for Jack.




This is the face I get when I ask her to say cheese. If you click on the picture you can see her cute little chipped tooth...it happened a few weeks back and were not sure how. At least it's a baby tooth.


Happy giggly girl!!!




After dinner we had the kids wait in the family room while I "hid" the eggs in the living and dining room. Since their baskets were so full of candy and toys we just had them use plastic bags to collect their eggs.


Owen is really good at finding the ones that are actually hidden.


Jack is good at finding the ones out in the open and he did get some help with a few.


Getting the good stuff out!



Other than pop tarts for breakfast, pancakes and bacon at church and rolls during dinner the boys pretty much just ate candy yesterday. We only let them do this two times a year...on Halloween and Easter.



We did talk about the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. On Good Friday we talked about how that was the day that Jesus died on the cross and how on Easter Sunday he raised from the dead and conquered death. One thing I've learned as a mom is if you can make it sound manly they will listen more and the fact that Jesus beat death down and didn't let it hold him that's cool! On Monday morning Jack said, "Jesus didn't die on the cross", to which I said, "Yes, he did", then he said, "but he didn't stay dead!" It's sinking in....so awesome!

0 comments: