Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Surprise!

I love surprising my parents when we tell them we're pregnant. For Owen we sat down with them in their living room at their old house and I said, "Are you ready for your lives to change?" and then I showed them the ultrasound picture.


For Jack we had them over for dinner and we handed them the framed ultrasound picture. For Ella we had them over for dinner and I handed them a card with a big 'B' on the outside and when they opened the card it says "Is for Baby" and I had put the ultrasound picture in the card.


This time around I decided to have Ella doing the "telling". Last year Michael's Dad had an outing with all 4 of his boys and he made shirts using these iron-on fabric transfers you can buy at the store. I bought them and then printed out a "I'm gonna be a BIG Sister" shirt for Ella to wear.


I decided that I would reveal Ella's shirt after the hustle of dinner was over and just let it speak for itself. I asked Michael to film the whole thing. He decided to film Owen making funny faces as a cover since it would look funny if he was just filming me talking. It turned out just like I imagined. I love the shock on both my parents faces. It's so fun to surprise them each time. My mom even said, "You did it again...you invited us over for dinner and I didn't get it!"

.

If you're checking this on FB click here to see the video.


Congratulations hugs!! I love how Jack is joining in!


The BIG sister!


To quote Michael...."We're CRAZY!!"

0 comments: