Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Passion!

I wasn't going to blog about this for a while since this is going to be a future MOPS craft, but I just couldn't wait. I'm SO in love with making these and they are SO easy!!!


Can you believe this cost me a $1 to make? That's right...a buck! This cute little purse is actually made from a place mat that I bought at The Dollar Tree. Of course I used thread to sew it together and the ribbon to make the handle, but that was stuff I had on hand. I found this idea online a few months ago and knew I wanted to try it, but I was also really hesitant since me and my sewing machine don't always see eye to eye. After actually breaking out the darn manual and finding out that I pretty much had everything threaded wrong and the tension too loose me and my sewing machine are on good terms now. Ella had seen me making these and of course she looked and me and said, "Mine?" so out to the store I went to get a place mat for her.


She was pretty happy!


In fact her and Jack played house where he put the purse on the handle of the stroller and he pushed her around in it for awhile, but Ella was playing the mommy so I'm not quite sure how that works. Maybe I'll ask if the boys will push me in the stroller the next time we go shopping...don't see that going over too well though!


On Sunday night we were going to my niece Camryn's 8th birthday party and I thought she might like getting a purse so I went back to the store and got the exact same place mat that I got for Ella. Except this time I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I added the bow. I attached it with craft glue since I didn't have any hot glue, but it wasn't drying fast enough so I ended up having to pin it to get it to stay. I seriously want to sew these all day and I'm going to be on the look out for cool place mats where ever I go.

0 comments: